Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Produce






I can't believe my luck. I found an organic csa (community sponsored agriculture) about a mile away from my house! We pay an amount at the beginning of the season then show up once a week to pick up our share of whatever was harvested that week. The weekly bounty serves as great inspiration for new recipes. In addition, I just found a 'pick your own' blueberry farm just a half mile from our csa. We've lived in our house for 5 years and eaten organic for ~20 years. How did I not find these gems before? Did they just appear in my reality as God's answer to my prayers?


Pictured you see one such recipe. I simply tore up the leafy green kale, and put it in the bottom of the casserole dish with a bit of olive oil. I chopped up the colorful assortment of purple cauliflower, pearl onions and yellow squash. Then, I coated the vegetable mixture in olive oil and sprinkled on some freshly ground celtic salt and tossed in some basil and rosemary, freshly snipped from my herb garden. I completely covered the greens with the squash mixture to keep the kale from crisping and topped the entire assortment with a sprinkling of cheddar and parmesan cheeses.

I baked the casserole in a 400 F. oven for approximately 30 minutes.

Even my 9 year old son commented on the deliciousness!

No comments: