Saturday, September 27, 2008

Contest Entry

I recently read about a contest where you can win a 4 - 6 month trip travelling around Europe. Woohoo!!! This could be a short term solution to my teenager management issue. She could stay here with my 9 year old. Meanwhile, my husband could film a reality show about how he handles being a housewife without getting fired from his real job.

To win the contest, you had to answer a question in 200 words. The question was - what country would you most like to visit and why. It's a good thing I'm so knowledgeable about European countries and stuff like that!!!

Here's my entry:

Win a Travel Writing Holiday in Europe

I have wanted to visit Prague for many years. I know very little about Prague, but I do know that it's old. I know that it has been called 'the most beautiful city in Europe'. I don't have any idea who said it, but I understand that it's a convenient way to get your point across without using a direct reference.

I also know that German students travel to Prague for vacation. Since I am from the southeastern United States, this calls to mind crowded beaches and partying kids. I'll be sure to pack my bathing suit and my beer bong! As a 45 year old mother, I don't know where to buy a beer bong or even what one is. Hopefully, they sell them in Prague. After partying there, I can say 'Prague has been called the party capital of Europe'.

I know one person from the Czech Republic, and she has a funny accent. I wonder if all people who live there speak with a funny accent? This question would qualify as an important research topic. I can research this using a funny accent scale devised by myself. Then I can say 'Prague has been called the European city where people speak with the funniest accents.'

These must be Europeans partying, because they are wearing speedos!!!


Fog Piles

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I hope you win!! Can I go too?
I'll supply the beer bong.

Collie and Rusty said...

I'm partially Eastern European, I really wish my relatives were alive that come from Hungary, Yugoslavia, which is now the Czech Republic and various other places, but aside from my Eastern European identity crisis, anyway, I would love to listen to them talk and make fun of them!

lilaphase said...

@kirsten - If I win, I will sponsor a contest on my blog. The winner will be required to accompany me on my trip. Since you are the only one who reads my blog - you're sure to be the lucky one!

@collie and rusty - my husband is from Germany. I use his accent as a convenient way to win arguments!