Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh Girl

Okay, I have a 14 year old daughter. I always laughed with everyone else when anyone joked about their 'problems raising a teenager . . . blah blah blah'. I always thought it would be fun and funny to have a teenager.

In the last few weeks I discovered - this teenager stuff is crazy. I have no idea what to do with the alien that came in and took over my sweet angel's body.

Here are some strategies I have decided to climb my way through in order to survive:
1. Take away the toys (cell phone, wii, computer time, food, shelter, etc.)
2. Take away any social activities
3. Take away the teen's bedroom
4. Make teen sleep in tent outside
oops - that's how I got myself in loads of trouble as a teen


5. Give her extra chores
she never had time to do any because she spends hours and hours in the bathroom 'getting ready'
6. Log in on her facebook page and curse out all her friends
7. Let her do whatever she wants to do
8. Develop a close relationship with valium for the next four years

I'm just on #5 so far, but I'm soooo looking forward to #8

Yours,

Fog Piles

No comments: