Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teen shenanigans . . . caught in the act!


I dropped my daughter off at the ice rink, an almost daily activity. As she was leaving the car, I received a phone call that changed my afternoon plans. I immediately called my daughter's cell to let her know of the change in time to pick her up.

No answer.

So, I park the car and actually have to get out and walk . . . on my two legs . . . all the way from the parking lot into the building to catch her.

I look in the main lobby area where she usually gets her skates on, etc.

She's nowhere to be found.

I walk down to the roller rink where she likes to warm up and find only five guys doing some crazy roller racing. No girls that I can see.

I walk to the next rink, which is the hockey rink. There I see slamming, pads, blood spattering, teeth flying . . . hard to tell behind all those pads but no obvious estrogen to be found.

I start to think about what sort of trouble she could have discovered - some unknown hockey boyfriend? some secret room of debauchery? pirate kidnapping?'

I continue to the second ice rink where I see figure skaters, but they're all little ones - she's obviously not there. I see her bag where she dropped it when she came in. Is that all that's left of her?

Last chance - the bathroom. It's most likely perfectly innocent. She probably had to use the restroom before getting her skates on. Why am I acting so crazy and jumping to conclusions?

So, I walk into the ladies room and first see my daughter's friend jumping around, nervously giggling and tugging at her shirt. Behind her I see my daughter with a guilty cheshire cat grin.

What did I catch them in the act of you ask?

Dirty pervs, go ahead and get your mind out of the gutter. This is not some cheap scene from Porky's. There was no girl on girl action happening here.

It was either:
a) my daughter was running an unlicensed tattoo parlor
b) my daughter and friend were engaged in underaged drinking
c) my daughter and friend were sneaking their first cigarette

Oh yeah, I'm gonna leave you hangin' stay tuned to find out the shocking conclusion, so you can judge me, my entire life and my parenting skills as well as the probable success of my offspring from one mere incident.

I know you will loose sleep wondering about this - sorry!

8 comments:

rosedale's 4head said...

can't wait to hear what happened. favorite line: "hard to tell behind all those pads but no obvious estrogen to be found."

rosedale's 4head said...

oh, and i forgot to guess....stuffing tissue in their bras---ok, i think i just dated myself! i'll go with cigarettes.

Jen said...

Busted! I can't wait to hear what they were doing. I'm gonna guess smoking.

Ranran said...

can't wait for the answer! i'm sooooooo curious.

Sandi said...

I guess smoking as well...or temporary tattoos ;)

RollerKaty said...

So what were they up to anyway? Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm going to guess... smoking :) :)

Jane Doe said...

I'm betting on the unlicensed tattoo parlor!

A wonderfully funny post, thanks for the laugh.

Unknown said...

oooohhhh so exciting and yet scary, can't wait to hear.

Plus, did you change your layout? I like it.