Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Haunted


When I went to see a movie the other day, I saw a preview for another movie. Well . . . I sort of watched it through my fingers. It was a scary movie.

This was a preview of a movie about a haunted house. These people buy a used house in Connecticut. The house is possessed by ghosts. There is a teenage boy who is also possessed by the ghost. I don't know what else happened, but it was scary. After this preview I vowed to never go to the state of Connecticut or even the adjacent states.

After watching this preview, I realized that maybe our house is haunted.

Incident #1: I had a 48 ounce bottle of Dr. Bronner's eucalyptus liquid soap in my shower, and it disappeared. It was a 48 ounce bottle, really - it was huge. It just vanished. No one in my house took it. It was not in the trash can. I even thought eucalyptus was some sort of ghost repellent, but perhaps it attracts ghosts, and this started the whole thing.

Incident #2: My son was possessed by the ghost and became obsessed with Mario Kart.

Incident #3: My daughter was possessed by the ghost and became obsessed with Facebook.

Occasionally, our cat is possessed by the ghost and bites whoever happens to be next to him.

7 comments:

The Mother said...

Obviously, your house is haunted.

So is mine. I have a poltergeist who hides my car keys, steals the Grouch's homework, and is living in the Goth. Obviously, the poltergeist was a vampire in his previous life.

37paddington said...

This is funny!

Shawn said...

Mario Kart makes its own obsession ghost. I was possessed myself for a while. Thankfully, I shed myself of it without need of a priest.

rosedale's 4head said...

ghosts are cool...sometimes, I stand still (well, I used to)...and wait mine to come...sometimes they do

Unknown said...

ah the damn facebook obsession...yes, that is scary!

Carl said...

OMG! The Haunting in Conneticut. You have to go see it. It's scary and it's gooooooood.

lilaphase said...

@The Mother - Sounds like some of our ghosts. They must be commuting between our houses.

@Angela Lister - funny, until the ghost shows up.

@The Shark Tank - I guess Mario Kart is one of the more powerful of the ghosts.

@flawsnall - you're scaring me. I guess I'll send all my ghosts your way.

@Stacie - scary and powerful, that one!

@If I see that movie, I probably won't be able to sleep until 2010.