Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today's Notes


Notes from today:

Note to high school dude who was late for practice while I happened to be sitting in my car in the parking lot - next time you're late for practice, could you please put your protective cup on before you get out of the car, so we don't have to watch you do it in the parking lot?

Note to my son's martial arts instructor - could you pick a time to end the class and stay within, let's say 15 minutes? Do you have any idea what I could have done with that hour? I am seriously deficient in internet surfing time, now.

Note to mother mentioned in the previous post - could we refrain from discussing personal stuff, such as sleeping habits until further notice? On second thought, could we just refrain from conversing at all until further notice?

Note to daughter - could you just listen to me and do exactly what I say, just for the next, say, 3 or 4 years? How about just 1 year? 1 hour? a few minutes?

Note to son - what did you do to the wii fit personal trainer that the video trainer told you to come back later since he wasn't feeling well?

Note to husband - if you go traipsing around Europe on 'business', and I'm here with our 'real life' and I call you, can you check the attitude?

Note to Teddy, cat - when you curl up next to me, purring, then you lay your head on my leg, and I pet you, immediately feeling the stress of the day melt away, until BAM - out of nowhere - I get nailed. Could you stop with the mean unexpected biting thing - and do you do it because you're mad that you don't have a tail? It isn't my fault. You were born that way. We have to learn to love the bodies we were given, Teddy.

11 comments:

Ranran said...

That last note for Teddy made me laugh. Hahahaha!

Unknown said...

LMAO! I think I could write one of these every day. Is Teddy a manx? I have a biting manx too.

Lydia

Shawn said...

LOL, what is it with cats that they just turn on you in an instant?

rosedale's 4head said...

Your posts just get better and better. They are so interesting and I love the "everyday" feel of them all....any notes to yourself? : ) Just curious!

lilaphase said...

@Ranran - thanks, it's not funny when he bites one of our unsuspecting guests, though.

@On the Verge - Teddy was a rescue cat whose mother had half a tail. Teddy and siblings had no tail. Does that make him a manx even though I didn't pay a breeder $300? Do all manx cats bite?

@The Shark Tank - someone needs to do an expose on the lol cats, I suspect a hidden dark side!

@flawsnall - note to self: if you spend less time on the internet, perhaps you will finish some paintings.

Jen said...

All reasonable requests. I know none of them will be met with the possible exception of Teddy but it's worth a shot. Good luck on those. Try and relax this weekend.

Unknown said...

these were great!

Margo said...

Humans! Hope Teddy's body image improves. He is probably the least hopeless.

lilaphase said...

@Jen - actually, I'm sure Teddy will never change his foolish ways!

@Stacie - thanks for stopping by!

@Margo - I haven't even touched on Teddy's big fat belly.

The Mother said...

You ask for too much. Especially the listening and doing what you say part. NO teenager would ever even consider THAT.

ArtSparker said...

He only bites you to show his love.