Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bedroom Design

This photo is a reenactment of an actual event, not to be confused with the actual event itself.

I was doing laundry the other day and must have accidentally dropped my red bra.

It happened to fall on my black boots that I had left on the bedroom floor the other day. I didn't notice and just kept putting my laundry away.

The next day I saw my bra laying across the boots and picked it up and put it away like I generally do with my laundry.

That same evening my husband asked me (in his most seductive tone, but he was still a little sick, so it was mixed with a sort of whiny, sick tone) "where's your red bra? "

Really?!?

He was completely disappointed that I put it in the drawer where it belonged.

I guess in his mind the 'dropped' bra was either a new bedroom design statement or some sort of subtly hinted seduction?

This incident shed some light on why guys always leave their underwear laying on the floor. Some heretofore unknown sexual ritual language? Or perhaps it is considered the perfect decorative accessory for a bedroom?

Hmmm . . . should I use these as a lamp shade or a crappy throw rug?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Now it all makes sense! Thank you.

Unknown said...

I like your blog. I really do. I will try to visit often to get a dose of your humor. I know I can favorite you on EC. Too cool!

Wendy said...

You didn't know you were sending him secret signals! That's hilarious!

lilaphase said...

Hey Jen, ettarose and Wendy -
Thanks for stopping by - I'll try to do some more decorating for next time you stop by.

How to Party with an Infant said...

So funny. Glad I found your blog!