Monday, January 26, 2009

Boys2men


When my son was still a baby, one day while I was changing his diaper he would not stop crying. I tried the soothing voice or singing to him - okay, that was a bad idea. He just wailed more.

It was one of those arm flailing crying jags that babies have. He was crying so forcefully until one of his waving hands touched his penis. Suddenly, the crying stopped and all was silent. It happened instantly! He was soothed into silence while his hand held onto his newfound treasure.

In that instant I had a completely new understanding of my husband . . . and all men.

If you are a new wife and you are wondering how to soothe your husband - there you go.

I just saved your marriage.




I had originally planned to post on my experience in teaching sex ed to my kids inspired by this post which Art Sparker sent me to, but we haven't totally covered the subject, yet. Meaning my husband hasn't had time to teach it yet.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm, I usually hand my son the remote, that seems to work too. ;)

cute post.

Jen said...

the same thing happened to my son when he was only a couple of weeks old. I was amazed. 16 years later he is still holding onto it. The remote is in his left hand.

rosedale's 4head said...

Ok, I'm almost speechless on this one. I've never raised a son, but I'm sure you are on to something. If we ever get the funds, we might have a little boy or two. IVF is crazy expensive!

yep, cute post!

4rosies said...

We (my husband and I) call our little one "the pants junkie"...his hand always seems to be in there.

lilaphase said...

Yeah, I guess the remote can be a almost adequate or at least more socially acceptable? substitute - good one.

Harry Yack said...

I actually found this post quite disturbing. I don't want to read about penises at this time of the morning ... :)

http://retroyakking.today.com

Unknown said...

Oh, it's been so long since mine was a baby I had forgotten how attached they are to those things. Very funny.

Muckbeast said...

That is absolutely hilarious.

Thank you for that post. :)

-Michael
Muckbeast - Game Design and Online Worlds
http://www.muckbeast.com

Ranran said...

Now THAT was funny. ;-)

Ginoong Ang said...

is this really how we are? hmm...

would things change for a gay man? i wonder...